Honey’s versatility extends into the wide world of cooking in some pretty special ways. Have you ever tried a honey-glazed ham? What about the chewy candy Bit-O-Honey or even the fantastic Candy Corn? Honey can be used for both sweet and savor adds a wonderful flavor to just about anything.
So, try out this “Herb Chicken with Honey Butter” we love from Taste of Home magazine. It might just be your next go-to weeknight meal. The honey isn’t heated in this dish, so it retains all its antibacterial and other therapeutic properties.
Savor a slathering of this simple honey butter on all kinds of baked goods, baked sweet potatoes, and anything else you can imagine.
Herb Chicken Ingredients:
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
3 tablespoons butter
Honey Butter Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup honey
- Place egg in a shallow bowl.
- In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and seasonings.
- Dip chicken in egg, then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in butter until a thermometer reads 165°, 4-5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, combine softened butter and honey.
- Serve with chicken.